Monday, June 6, 2011

Countdown to zero

I've worked out a large-scale plan for these locks of mine, still in their infancy.

Still so young . . . what will five years bring?
  • I'm keeping them for five years, barring a serious hygiene crisis.  I think that should be enough time for me to understand the non-spiritual reasons for dreadlocks, as well as the challenges and detriments.
  • I won't buy more dread wax after this container is finished.  Sure, it's deductible (when you're a professional writer, stuff you buy to write about is), but it's not intended for permanent use.  Besides, plenty of people vehemently oppose waxing dreads, and I want to see what difference I notice.
  • Likewise, I will phase out the rest of my dreadlocks products as they run out.  I haven't seen any occasion to use locking accelerator since day one, so if anyone wants a premixed bottle, 90% full, hit me up.
Having a deadline allows me to decide if I have fallen in love with my locks, or if I want to test the theory that they can be unlocked without just cutting them off.  Honestly, that claim is intriguing to me, so I might have to divest myself just to see how well that works.  Check out my dreadlock countdown clock.

After all, it's just hair, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment