Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lean clean dreadlock machine

Five weeks and two days
Do dreadlocks smell bad?  I had one friend of mine tell me that they do in his experience.  Every girl he's dated who wore locks had some kind of funky odor, he told me, at least if they were of any length.

I asked another friend, who'd dated a woman with five-year locks, and he said that he didn't notice any odd smell.  This is a guy that wants to puke if he even looks at food which has gone bad, so I trust his sensitivity.

So some dreadlocks smell and others don't.  I think it has to do with moisture and dirt.

A fellow in town here told me that the last time he cut off his dreads (he's on his second or third set) they had some kind of mysterious fluid inside that he likened to engine lubricant.  Yum.

Mind you, this is the same guy that told me his method for getting dreads was, "Have violent nightmares, lots of sex on your back on the dirt, don't wash your hair, and don't brush."

Dirt can help hair lock.  So can wax.  Either one, in abundance, can keep the dreads from fully drying.  That leads to mildew and odor.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it - dreadlocks are smelly and dirty if you're a smelly and dirty person - in fact, it amplifies those factors.

Only time will tell if I'm right, but if my wife kicks me out of bed these things are probably done.

No comments:

Post a Comment