Thursday, June 30, 2011

Say goodbye to bobbi pins

Dreadlocks can be sensible and fashionable
Maybe I should file this as one of my reasons for dreadlocks . . . or just under silly hair tricks.

I like wearing my hat to bed on cool nights - it's an old Boy Scout trick to keep warm.  It's nowhere near the bitter cold of even three or four months ago, but even as June turns to July it's cool enough that I won't wear shorts after the sun sets, and I definitely prefer a blanket.  I don't like how my hat falls off in the middle of the night, leaving me to cast about bleary-eyed for my security took in the morning
Guess I solved that problem.

I can't say I have a clue how easy it's going to be to take it off again once the sun comes up.  This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship, or a terrible idea that I'll laugh about  . . . once I forget how much it sucked.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this, too! I love the look of knit and crocheted hats slouched back on the head (head scarves, too!), but they always slipped off my fine, straight hair. My locks will hold anything! They even make polymer clay satyr horns on a string tied around my head look nifty and stay put!

    Ah, but there is a down side. If your hat is too fuzzy, you might find your locks pick up and hold on to some of that fuzz over time. Careful, of you might end up with olive green speckled locks! :)

    ReplyDelete