Friday, June 10, 2011

Picture this

Top-down self pic, dreadlocks at seven weeks
Getting pictures of my locks is a bit of a pain in the rear.  There are really only two options for getting pictures of oneself, of course:  pointing a camera at your own face, or having someone else them for you.  Pretty simple, I suppose.

Except . . . when I ask someone to take a picture of me, that tend to focus on the back of my head. Call me strange, but I think the front is more my speed.  I understand, there's some interesting stuff going on back there, but I happen to think that endless pics of the back of me 'ead is a bit boring.

Even though I'm locking my hair, the focus of my life (or this blog) isn't having dreaded hair.  Instead, it's about how the dreadlocks impact my life, how they change me and how people see me.

My other alternative, taking them myself, is limiting.  The length of my arm is the biggest factor, because I can't change that.  Clever use of mirrors and better aim definitely help.

Any pics can show you things you can't always see about yourself.  For example, I just found out by looking at this post's image that I have a part in my hair, which I think is pretty funny.

So rather than tell my friends what to take pictures of, I've got a plan that should get me in front of more cameras in general.  Update coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment