Friday, May 20, 2011

28 days later

Dreeeeeeaaaaaaaaads . . .
Please forgive the zombie reference, but zombies are sweet.

"You're the last person I would have thought would get dreadlocks," said one friend last week.

"Can I touch them?" asked another yesterday.

"I have never understood why white people would want dreadlocks," commented a third on Facebook.

That last comment prompted me to start posting my reasons for dreadlocks, because for me it's not cut and dried.  In fact, some of the reasons are even a bit contradictory.  People are complicated that way.

Here's some bad news: I lost my bag yesterday (or it was stolen, haven't figured out which yet), and with it my camera.  I don't know how fully I will be able to document my hair's journey now.

That journey is going to start back into the world of fiber arts now.  I take a week off waxing and start taking the clockwise rubbing and the dread balling seriously.  Then I start back in with the wax to compress the new knots I've made.  Wax on, wax off.

No comments:

Post a Comment