Monday, April 25, 2011

More maintenance madness

Profile, dreadlocks two days old
I think there's more wax in there than I realized, because my fingers are slightly tacky from palmrolling, so I only rewaxed three or four dreads.  Overwaxing causes problems, so I'm being very cautious.

Palmrolling is tedious and tiring - keeping the arms up in the air gets old before too long.  It's challenging to make sure I get every lock, so I expect some just won't get rolled as much as others.  I have to learn to adopt a bit of a laissez-hair attitude, after all.

I can still detect moisture in some of the fluffier locks around back, so I imagine that in the winter my hair will become a deadly weapon.

I need to get myself some kind of locking tool to address the halo of looseness around each lock, but I'm hoping that a lot of them will find their way back in on their own.  I already found one lock with a loop of hair coming out; this is to be expected, and having a tool around to pull stuff like that back in should make my life easier.

I'm taking a poll about the dreadlock decision:  would you dread your hair?  Click there and answer with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment