Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reason #16: spirit

Jason dreamed of dreadlocks from a young age.  "I always pictured myself with dreadlocks," he said.  "When I was a kid I used to draw myself with dreadlocks in a bandanna."  

Drawing in positive energy through dreadlocks.
He doesn't say that those childhood drawings were his reason for dreadlocks, though.  I think that his reason for dreadlocks was also the reason that Jason drew himself with them when he was a youngster.  I'm calling his reason "spirit," because he talked a lot about the spiritual energy associated with dreadlocks.  Here's what he told me he believes:
  • Jamaicans people wear locks because it makes it easier for God to reach down and pick them up to bring them into Heaven.
  • They are the mark of the snakes around Shiva's neck, and represent fearlessness.
  • They are antennas which draw in positive energy from the universe.
And yeah, he's wearing the bandanna, too.

It didn't occur to me to ask Jason about his method, which I think is kinda interesting too, but if I get that info from him down the road I'll come along and post it up and link to it from here.

Be sure to let me know your reason for dreadlocks if you want to be featured here!

No comments:

Post a Comment